About Me

My photo
I write because sometimes words are the only thing that can save you.

Thursday, February 24, 2011

If it's not like the movies;

The more I promise to blog often, the more uninterested I am in doing so. That being said? I had a rush of inspiration tonight and saw it fit to utilize it properly.. in a blog, so here goes.

I guess the easiest place for me to start is by saying to those of you who have anxiously waited for updates on my writing, thank you. Sometimes even when I absolutely am not feeling "secure" in what I do, having even one person continue to ask, or encourage means the world to me. It's crazy the support I get "online" over real life. I can't tell you enough how incredible that is. So really guys, thanks so much. (and you know who you all are)

A few months ago my computer's hard drive died on me, before I had a chance to back up what could have been in my opinion the story that "made me" a "writer." I was devestated, and even that isn't enough to define how I felt. Months of hard work, months of late nights and non-stop writing all gone. I tried to write it over, to capture all that I felt when I had originally created it but as they say.. all good things eventually have to come to an end. So I put "BEING CINDERELLA" on the shelf.

I did, I hated myself for it because to me that is giving up. Alot of people might not think it's a big deal but words for me.. it's all I have. As a writer, I'm not defined by skill, but by story. I had worked so hard and felt like I abandoned a child with no questions asked. That's when the most incredible thing happened.. I was sitting at the computer, staring at the blank white screen and everything just came flooding back in.

I have been reunited with a child long forgotten... and it feels so good! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment